Pre Race Info
Athlete Check-in is compulsory for all participants. You will collect your race number (if not received via post), and official gear bag.
Location: Queenstown Memorial Centre. click for Google Map directions
- Thursday 15 November: 1:00pm – 7:00pm
- Friday 16 November: 9:00am - 9:00pm
*If you cannot make it to Athlete Check-in, a friend or family member can collect your race pack on your behalf providing they can show us a copy of your confirmation email and your Photo ID.
Race day checklist
- Your race number (and pins to attach it).
- You official gear bag for bag drop labelled with supplied bag tag.
- Your shuttle bus sticker if you are taking the Shuttle Bus (this will be printed on your race number).
- Weather appropriate clothing, plus sunscreen and cap.
- Please ensure you have completed the back of your race number with your name, any medical conditions and a contact name and phone number (other than your own or someone else running) in case of emergency.
- Please pin your race number to the front of your T-shirt or running vest and make sure it is clearly visible. You must not use someone else’s number, nor let someone else use yours.
- Your race number carries your disposable timing chip which is your unique timing device for the race. You must wear your race number to be classified as a starter and a finisher of the race and have your time recorded. Timing chips do not need to be returned.
- This is a fully supported marathon with 11 Aid stations (5 Aid stations for the half marathon), so you do not need to carry a hydration pack unless you want to. You do not need to wear trail shoes as the course is smooth, easy, hard packed trails.
The Queenstown Marathon mobile app is a fantastic tool for both athletes and supporters. It includes key information on all that is happening at the Air New Zealand Queenstown International Marathon, including maps and an athlete tracker so you can follow your friends.
Download via your App store below.
The closest public car parking to the finish line at Queenstown Memorial Centre is on Boundary Street (off Gorge Rd) approximately 100m away.
Parking is also close at the Wakatipu High School fields (accessed from Gorge Road) and a $5 donation applies.
There is also public parking at the Man Street car park approximately 300m away which can be accessed from Isle St, Hay St and right into Man St.
With an event of this size, we rely on the goodwill of businesses and residents to help us make the event a success. To assist those that live or work near or on the course, we will produce a map of the traffic access plan, including road closures and parking restrictions that will be in place on Saturday 17 November 2018.
Once finalised, closer to the event date we will publish this plan so you can familiarise yourself with the information, and share this with others, so you understand how the event and the associated road closures may affect you.
Download the 2017 Road Closure Map here
GetRunning Personalised Coaching is available to those wanting a more personalised program experience.
Our specialised coaching gives you that extra edge with a personalised plan just for you. We use pace and heart rate monitoring to bring you the best possible outcome for you and your chosen event. Whether you’re new to running or a seasoned amateur, we are able to tailor a program to conveniently fit you and your busy schedule.
For more information about GetRunning Coaching click here.