RACE DATE: Saturday 21 November 2020
DISTANCES: Marathon, Half-Marathon, 10km, 2.2km Kids Run
START TIMES: 7:45am for 10km, 8.00am for Half-Marathon, 8:20am for Marathon and 1:00pm for Kids Run.
FINISH LINE: Queenstown Recreation Ground
ATHLETE CHECK IN: 3:00pm to 7:00pm on Thursday 19 November, and 9:00am to 9:00pm on Friday 20 November at the Queenstown Events Centre.
|Event||Super Early Fee
17 Nov 2019 - 23 Jan 2020
24 Jan 2020 - 4 June 2020
5 June 2020 - 14 Oct 2020
15 Oct 2020 - 21 Nov 2020
|Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee||Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee||Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee||Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee|
Please note: All entry fees are shown in New Zealand dollars and include GST. Online entries close 5pm 18 November 2020. Late entries will be accepted in person at registration, unless sold out prior.
A portion of your entry fee is allocated towards a $30,000 donation to the Queenstown Trails Trust for the maintenance and further development of trails throughout the Wakatipu Basin. You also have the ability to further support the Queenstown Trails Trust by donating when prompted through our online registration system
Entry fee inclusions
Personalised Race Bib if entered before midnight 18th October 2020
Official Gear Bag
Finishers medal (all distances)
Medical support/assistanceAid stations on the course (with water, POWERADE Mountain Blast sports drink, toilets and first aid)
Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food and drink
Category Winners Prizes
Refunds and transfers
|31st July||50% refundable entry ends. No refunds after this date.|
|19 October||Cut off for personalised race bib|
|15 October||Late Entry fee applies|
|2 November||Online Merchandise closes|
|17 November||Person to Person Transfers close|
|18 November||Online shuttle tickets close. Purchase at Athlete Check-In only|
|18 November||Online distance transfers close|
|18 November||Online entries close, registration in person at Athlete Check-In only.|
If you need to withdraw you can choose to either refund your entry or transfer your entry to someone else, as per the transfer and refund policies below.
Refund your entry
For the Queenstown International Marathon and associated events, upon confirmation of a refund request, athletes may be eligible for a partial refund of their entry fee.
- Any requests received up until 5pm 31 July 2020 will be eligible for a 50% refund of event entry fee paid
- Any requests received after 1 August 2020 will NOT be eligible for a refund under any circumstances.
Any additional purchases (including but not limited to) ACTIVE Fees, FinisherPix Fees paid at the time of entry are non-refundable at any time.
Your refund will be processed within 7 working days onto the credit card you used to register for this event. If your credit card has expired or if your credit card has been cancelled, your refund may take up to 30 days to be processed. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email QueenstownMarathon@ironman.com
Transfer your entry to a different event distance
Transfers between race distances can be made online up until 5pm 18 November 2020, or until the race is sold out. After this date, if you wish to transfer, this must be done in person at Athlete Check-in during race week (subject to availability).
- A transfer fee of $25.00 will be charged for all transfers between distances.
- Please be aware that you cannot transfer to a sold out event.
- If you decide to upgrade your event to a longer distance and space is available, you will need to pay the difference in entry fees.
- If you decide to downgrade your event to a shorter distance and space is available, unfortunately we are not able to refund the difference in entry fees.
- If you change your race distance and have already received your race number, you will need to bring your race number and confirmation email to Athlete Check-in during race week.
If you would like to transfer between race distances prior to 5pm Wednesday 18 November 2020, please log in to your My Events Portal and select Change Event Category.
Transfer your entry to someone else
Participants can transfer their race entry to someone else up until midnight 17 November 2020. No transfers will be accepted after this date.
- A transfer fee of $25.00 will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- Participants can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered until midnight on 17 November 2020.
- All Shuttle Bus tickets are non-refundable. The person purchasing the transferred entry will need to purchase new Shuttle Bus tickets at the time of the online transfer.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (I.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant goes to myevents.active.com and logs in using their active.com account, finds the registration they wish to transfer and clicks the link ‘Transfer the registration to another athlete’, and then follows the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will need to pay for the entry fee at the current rate in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $25.00 transfer fee.
**As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our runners on course.
Team or Group entries
Our Athlete Services team can assist with large group bookings (10+). Please contact us at email@example.com and let us know your requirements.
If your group is interested in other marathon events we have five incredible destination marathon events across Oceania that you may be interested in.