RACE DATE: Saturday 20 November 2021
DISTANCES: Marathon, Half-Marathon, 10km, 2.2km Kids Run*
START TIMES: 7:45am for 10km, 8.00am for Half-Marathon, 8:20am for Marathon and 1:00pm for Kids Run.
FINISH LINE: Queenstown Recreation Ground
ATHLETE CHECK IN: 3:00pm to 7:00pm on Thursday 18 November, and 9:00am to 9:00pm on Friday 19 November at the Queenstown Events Centre.
Half Marathon is now sold out. Spots may open up, join the waitlist here to be the first to know.
|Event||Super Early Fee
22 Nov 2020 - 20 Jan 2021
21 Jan 2021 - 26 May 2021
27 May 2021 - 5 Oct 2021
6 Oct 2021 - 19 Nov 2021
|Half Marathon - SOLD OUT
Join the waitlist here
Please note: All entry fees are shown in New Zealand dollars and include all fees and taxes. Late entries will be accepted in person at registration, unless sold out prior.
A portion of your entry fee is allocated towards a $30,000 donation to the Queenstown Trails Trust for the maintenance and further development of trails throughout the Wakatipu Basin. You also have the ability to further support the Queenstown Trails Trust by donating when prompted through our online registration system
Entry Fee Inclusions
Personalised Race Bib if entered before midnight 18th October 2021
Official Gear Bag
Finishers medal (all distances)
Aid stations on the course (with water, PURE Electrolyte Hydration, toilets and first aid)
Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food and drink
Category Winners Prizes
|21 January 2021||Early entry fee applies|
|27 May 2021||General entry fee applies|
|6 October 2021||Late entry fee applies|
|18 October 2021||Cut off for personalised race bib|
|5 November 2021||Online merchandise closes|
|17 November 2021||Online shuttle tickets close at 5:00pm, purchase at Athlete Check-in only|
|17 November 2021||Online entries close at 5:00pm|
If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Athlete Withdrawal dates only. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email QueenstownMarathon@ironman.com
Eligible Athlete Withdrawal Refunds
Where eligible, please allow up to 30 business days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, it is the athlete’s responsibility to notify our customer service team when requesting the eligible refund.
|20 August 2021||45% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to this date|
|1 October 2021||22% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to this date. No refunds for athlete withdrawals after this date|
**The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will be refunded in addition to the entry fee: FinisherPix. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving, shuttle bus tickets, squad run, are not refundable.
**Athletes who have deferred or transferred into this event from a previous year or entered the event through the use of an Event Credit are not eligible for athlete withdrawal refunds.
Transfer your entry to a different event distance
Athletes can request to transfer their entry to a lesser or greater race distance up until such time as that race distance is sold out, subject to the following terms:
- To request a transfer from one race distance to another, athletes must log into their MyEvents account and select Change Category on or before 17 November 2021. After this date, such requests can only be made at the Help Desk at Athlete Check-in.
- Where an athlete requests to transfer to a greater distance and space is available, the athlete is required to pay the difference in entry fees between the two distances.
- Where an athlete requests to transfer to a shorter distance event and space is available, the difference in entry fees will not be refunded.
Transfer your entry to someone else
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else in accordance with the below stated Person to Person Transfer date.
- Person to Person transfers accepted up until 11:59pm (NZT) on 17 November 2021. No person to person transfers accepted after this date.
- A transfer fee of $27NZD including all fees and taxes will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- Athletes can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered.
- The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will not be transferred with your entry but will be refunded: FinisherPix. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving, shuttle bus tickets, squad run, are not refundable and will not be transferred with your entry.
- As Shuttle Bus tickets are non-refundable, the person purchasing the transferred entry will need to purchase new Shuttle Bus tickets at the time of the online transfer.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (i.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant must log in to their MyEvents account, select Transfer Registration and follow the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will be sent a link to complete the registration and will need to pay for the entry(at the current entry price) in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $27NZD including all fees and taxes transfer fee.
**As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our athletes on course.
Online Distance and Person to Person Transfer cut off dates
|17 November 2021||Online distance transfers close|
|17 November 2021||Person to Person transfers close|
COVID-19 Related Policies
What if New Zealand Sotheby’s Queenstown Marathon does not take place on Saturday 20 November 2021, for reasons relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic?
Where possible, the event will be rescheduled, if this happens all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) moved to the new date. We will provide as much notice as we can.
If for reasons beyond the Event Operator’s control the event does not take place at all (including reasons relating to COVID-19), all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) moved to the same event in 2022 (or, if the event is not confirmed to take place in 2022, athletes will be provided with an Event Credit to the value of their entry fee which can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of events in New Zealand for three years from issue).
In the circumstance set out above, there will be no refund of the athlete’s entry fee (or any portion of) or any other costs incurred in connection with the event.
What if I can’t make the date I have been moved into?
Athletes will be given a limited time opportunity to alternatively take an Event Credit to the value of their entry (including additional purchases). This Event Credit can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of events in New Zealand.
Team or Group entries
Our Athlete Services team can assist with large group bookings (10+). Please contact us at email@example.com and let us know your requirements.
If your group is interested in other marathon events we have five incredible destination marathon events across Oceania that you may be interested in.