2017 Entry Info
RACE DATE: Saturday 18 November 2017
DISTANCES: Marathon, Half-Marathon, 10KM, 2.2KM Kids Run, 'First Half' Half-Marathon
START TIMES: 7:45am for 10km, 7:30am for 'First Half' Half-Marathon, 8.00am for Half-Marathon, 8:20am for Marathon and 1:00pm for Kids Run.
FINISH LINE: Queenstown Recreation Ground, 'First Half' Half-Marathon - Millbrook Resort.
ATHLETE REGISTRATION: will take place between 1:00pm and 7:00pm on Thursday 16 November, and between 9:00am and 9:00pm on Friday 17 November at the Queenstown Memorial Centre, Memorial Street. You will be issued with a race number, timing device and gear bag tag.
2017 online entries are now closed. You can still enter in person at Athlete Check-In in Queenstown until 9pm Friday 17 November.
2018 entries open at 9am Sunday 19 November 2017.
|EVENT||CATEGORY||ENTRY FEE (incl GST)||ENTRY FEE (incl 8% Active fee)||LATE ENTRY FEE* (incl GST)||LATE ENTRY FEE (incl 8% Active Fee)||MINIMUM AGE|
|MARATHON||ADULT (18 years +)||$156.00||$168.48||$170.00||$183.60||18 years as at race day|
|HALF MARATHON||ADULT (16 years +)||$106.00||$114.48||$120.00||$129.60||16 years as at race day|
|10KM||ADULT (16 years +)||$59.00||$63.72||$65.00||$70.20|
|CHILD (7-15 years)||$59.00||$63.72||$65.00||$70.20||7 years as at race day|
|KIDS RUN||CHILD (5-12 years)||$25.00||$27.00||$30.00||$32.40||5 years as at race day|
Please note: All entry fees are shown in New Zealand dollars and include GST. Online entries close midnight 15 November 2017. Late entries will be accepted in person at registration, unless sold out prior.
*Regular entry fee applies until 27 October 2017. From 28 October 2017, late entry fees will apply.
A portion of your entry fee is allocated towards a $30,000 donation to the Queenstown Trails Trust for the maintenance and further development of trails throughout the Wakatipu Basin. You also have the ability to further support the Queenstown Trails Trust by donating when prompted through our online registration system.
To ensure a smooth start for all runners, wave starts and self-seeded start zones will be in place at the Full Marathon, Half Marathon, 'First Half' Half Marathon and 10km Run start lines. Runners will need to gather in the appropriate zone depending on their expected race finish time. The wave start system will release a set number of runners at timed intervals after the start gun is fired.
Your race time is calculated from when you pass over the timing mat on the start line so no-one will be disadvantaged. Introducing wave starts will help everyone to run at their own pace across the course, giving you a true race time. And you can soak up the scenery as much as you choose!
Event Shuttle Service:
Please note: This Shuttle Service is now sold out for 2017
Make your race morning transportation stress-free and use our easy shuttle service to get you from Queenstown direct to the start line of the Marathon, Half Marathon, First Half Marathon or 10km race. We have very limited parking available at all start areas so we strongly encourage athletes to utilize the shuttle bus service that will be operating as a continuous direct service from the Event Hub at Queenstown Recreation Ground on race day morning (Note - there are no pick up's on route to the start line, this is a direct shuttle from Queenstown).
Marathon - $15 - Sold Out
Half Marathon - $15 - Sold Out
10km - $10 - Sold Out
'First Half' Half Marathon - $15 (one way) - Sold Out
If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds requested up until 31 July 2017 will receive 50% of their entry fee. Unfortunately, entry fees are non-refundable from 1 August 2017 and we cannot refund entry fees after this date. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email QueenstownMarathon@ironman.com
Please allow up to 7 days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, please email QueenstownMarathon@ironman.com
Race Number Distribution:
If you enter by midnight on 12 October 2017 and are a New Zealand based entrant, your race number will be mailed to you. Race number distribution will begin for New Zealand entrants at the end of October 2017.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide the Event Organisers with the correct and most up-to-date postal address by 12 October 2017. You can check/update your contact details through your My Events Portal in the ACTIVE entry system.
- If you lose your race number after it is mailed out, you will be required to purchase a replacement number at Athlete Check-in during opening hours. The cost of a replacement race number is $15.00.
- Your Race number will include a Race bib, with attached timing chip and bag tag.
If you enter after 12 October 2017 (or are an international based entrant), you must collect your race number from Athlete Check-in during race week. Please bring your confirmation email to Athlete Check-In.
Note: Entries received past 28 October 2017 won't have their name on their race bib.
Transfer Your Entry To Someone Else:
Participants can transfer their race entry to someone else up until midnight 12 October 2017. No transfers will be accepted after this date.
- A transfer fee of $25.00 will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- Participants can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered until midnight on 12 October 2017.
- All Shuttle Bus tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. The person purchasing the transferred entry will need to purchase new Shuttle Bus tickets at the time of the online transfer.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (I.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant goes to myevents.active.com and logs in using their active.com account, finds the registration they wish to transfer and clicks the link ‘Transfer the registration to another athlete’, and then follows the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will need to pay for the entry fee in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $25.00 transfer fee.
**As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our runners on course.
Transfer Your Entry To A Different Event Distance
Transfers between race distances can be made online up until midnight 15 November 2017, or until the race is sold out. After this date, if you wish to transfer, this must be done in person at Athlete Check-in during race week (subject to availability).
- A transfer fee of $25.00 will be charged for all transfers between distances.
- Please be aware that you cannot transfer to a sold out event.
- If you decide to upgrade your event to a longer distance and space is available, you will need to pay the difference in entry fees.
- If you decide to downgrade your event to a shorter distance and space is available, unfortunately we are not able to refund the difference in entry fees.
- If you change your race distance and have already received your race number, you will need to bring your race number and confirmation email to Athlete Check-in during race week.
If you would like to transfer between race distances prior to midnight Thursday 12 October 2017, please log in to your MyEvents Portal and select Change Event Category.
Travel or Running Groups
If your group is interested in other marathon events we have four incredible destination marathon events across Oceania that you may be interested in.
View our Marathon Brochure.