RACE DATE: Saturday 17 November 2018
DISTANCES: Marathon, Half-Marathon, 10km, 2.2km Kids Run
START TIMES: 7:45am for 10km, 8.00am for Half-Marathon, 8:20am for Marathon and 1:00pm for Kids Run.
FINISH LINE: Queenstown Recreation Ground
ATHLETE CHECK IN: 1:00pm to 7:00pm on Thursday 15 November, and 9:00am to 9:00pm on Friday 16 November at the Queenstown Memorial Centre, Memorial Street.
|Event||5th Birthday Special
19 Nov 2017 - 31 Jan 2018
1 Feb 2018 - 31 May 2018
1 Jun 2018 - 11 Oct 2018
12 Oct 2018 - 17 Nov 2018
|Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee||Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee||Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee||Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee|
Please note: All entry fees are shown in New Zealand dollars and include GST. Online entries close midnight 14 November 2018. Late entries will be accepted in person at registration, unless sold out prior.
A portion of your entry fee is allocated towards a $30,000 donation to the Queenstown Trails Trust for the maintenance and further development of trails throughout the Wakatipu Basin. You also have the ability to further support the Queenstown Trails Trust by donating when prompted through our online registration system
Entry fee inclusions
Personalised Race Bib if entered prior 27 October 2018
Official Gear Bag
Finishers medal (all distances)
Medical support/assistanceAid stations on the course (with water, POWERADE Mountain Blast sports drink, toilets and first aid)
Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food and drink
Category Winners Prizes
Race number distribution
If you enter by midnight on 11 October 2018 and are a New Zealand based entrant, your race number will be mailed to you. Race number distribution will begin for New Zealand entrants at the end of October 2018.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide the Event Organisers with the correct and most up-to-date postal address by 11 October 2018. You can check/update your contact details through your My Events Portal in the ACTIVE entry system.
- If you lose your race number after it is mailed out, you will be required to purchase a replacement number at Athlete Check-in during opening hours. The cost of a replacement race number is $15.00.
- Your Race number will include a Race bib, with attached timing chip and bag tag.
If you enter after 11 October 2018 (or are an international based entrant), you must collect your race number from Athlete Check-in during race week. Please bring your confirmation email to Athlete Check-In.
Note: Entries received past 27 October 2018 won't have their name on their race bib.
Refunds and transfers
|1 August||50% refundable entry ends. No refunds after this date.|
|11 October||Must enter by this date to receive race number via mail|
|12 October||Late Entry fee applies|
|27 October||Cut off for personalised race bib|
|14 November||Online entries close, registration in person at rego only.|
|14 November||Online distance transfers close|
|14 November||Person to Person transfers close|
If you need to withdraw you can choose to either refund your entry or transfer your entry to someone else, as per the transfer and refund policies below.
Refund your entry
For the Air New Zealand Queenstown International Marathon and associated events, upon confirmation of a refund request, athletes may be eligible for a partial refund of their entry fee.
- Any requests received up until 5pm 31 July 2018 will be eligible for a 50% refund of event entry fee paid
- Any requests received after 1 August 2018 will NOT be eligible for a refund under any circumstances.
Any additional purchases (including but not limited to) ACTIVE Fees, FinisherPix Fees paid at the time of entry are non-refundable at any time.
Your refund will be processed within 7 working days onto the credit card you used to register for this event. If your credit card has expired or if your credit card has been cancelled, your refund may take up to 30 days to be processed. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email QueenstownMarathon@ironman.com
Transfer your entry to a different event distance
Transfers between race distances can be made online up until midnight 14 November 2018, or until the race is sold out. After this date, if you wish to transfer, this must be done in person at Athlete Check-in during race week (subject to availability).
- A transfer fee of $25.00 will be charged for all transfers between distances.
- Please be aware that you cannot transfer to a sold out event.
- If you decide to upgrade your event to a longer distance and space is available, you will need to pay the difference in entry fees.
- If you decide to downgrade your event to a shorter distance and space is available, unfortunately we are not able to refund the difference in entry fees.
- If you change your race distance and have already received your race number, you will need to bring your race number and confirmation email to Athlete Check-in during race week.
If you would like to transfer between race distances prior to midnight Wednesday 14 November 2018, please log in to your My Events Portal and select Change Event Category.
Transfer your entry to someone else
Participants can transfer their race entry to someone else up until midnight 14 November 2018. No transfers will be accepted after this date.
- A transfer fee of $25.00 will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- Participants can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered until midnight on 14 November 2018.
- All Shuttle Bus tickets are non-refundable. The person purchasing the transferred entry will need to purchase new Shuttle Bus tickets at the time of the online transfer.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (I.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant goes to myevents.active.com and logs in using their active.com account, finds the registration they wish to transfer and clicks the link ‘Transfer the registration to another athlete’, and then follows the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will need to pay for the entry fee in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $25.00 transfer fee.
**As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our runners on course.
Team or Group entries
Our Athlete Services team can assist with large group bookings. Please contact us at email@example.com and let us know your requirements.
If your group is interested in other marathon events we have four incredible destination marathon events across Oceania that you may be interested in.